When Teatro alla Scala contacted Engitel in 2007, it already had a website that was developed by another web agency in Italy. Not happy with the result, It called upon Engitel for the restyling of the website as well as the change of its existing server provider.
- The new website of Teatro alla Scala had to:
- smooth the management of content for editorial staff
- allow easy and quick updates
- allow the upload of videos
- be e-commerce: allow to purchase tickets online
- Manage subscribers
- Control website performance
Engitel managed the re-engineering, restyling and porting of all contents through the Spin&Go platform in less than two months: a delivery time record considering the complex project.
A new graphic layout was designed to create a new homepage that would have better hosted multimedia contents and images: a real novelty for the website.
Videos in homepage present the show in progress and attract protagonists and audience with interviews and curious aspects of the projects (conductor, sets, choreographies, subjects, summaries, librettos and a gallery containing the most representative scene pictures).
Private login area has been redesigned and a calendar dedicated to every member has been implemented. A service of newsletter to manage subscribers has been activated.
Engitel was able to deliver the whole project on time in order to allow Teatro alla Scala to upload the 2008 season program online. Teatro alla Scalla can:
- manage the whole website independently and in real time (contents, channels, season, videos, etc.) thanks to the new Spin&Go.Net platform
- differentiate contents management and supply, that is to say the possibility to “fix” pages to improve website performance, especially in peak moments (i.e. purchase of tickets for very popular shows)
- use multimedia contents
Click here to download the case history.